Candles are a classic gift idea that warms the heart and invigorates the home.
Natural soy wax and unbleached cotton wicks ensure the most natural, clean-burning candle possible.
Yields: 1 220 mL Jar
- 1 ½ cups
- Soy wax
- 120 drops essential oils (such as peppermint)
- candle wick
- Wick placer
- With the sticky tack, attach the bottom of the wick to the center of the chosen heat-proof container, such as 220-mL jar.
- Gently melt the wax in an old pot that will not be used for anything else, as the wax is difficult to remove.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add colourant and essential oils.
- Centre the wick with a wick placer.
- Place the canister on a flat, heat-safe surface, and pour in the wax. Let stand until completely cool and firm.
- Lay scissors flat across the top of the canister and cut the wick.
- Decorate the container as desired.