This iced tea tastes like a sunny afternoon in the park! Earth's Aromatique organic Provence tea is herbal and floral-forward. An optional spritz of citrus brightens the day, and the creaminess of all-natural vanilla rounds out a most delectable and refreshing afternoon treat.
Feel free to prepare this with as little or as much sweetener as you like. When prepared with our optional floral fruit ice cubes, this drink is particularly beautiful to look at, and will delight friends of all ages at an outdoor picnic!
Flower (herb/fruit) Ice Cubes:
- Distilled Water
- Organic Edible flowers (roses, clover, pansies, lavender, pea flowers)
- Herbs (rosemary, sage, mint)
- Fruit (lemon, lime, berries)
- Ice Cube Tray
- Use distilled water to avoid cloudy ice cubes. To achieve this at home, you can boil the water, cool; then boil the water again, and cool.
- Fresh or dried flowers, herbs, and fruit may be used. If using fresh, gently wash before adding to try.
- Place flowers/herbs/fruit at the bottom of an ice cube tray.
- Fill to the top and freeze. OR if you want the flowers/herbs/fruit suspended in the ice cube, fill the tray halfway with water. Freeze until solid (i.e. overnight). Fill the remainder with water. Freeze until solid.
- Ice cubes are ready to use.
Vanilla Flower Power Iced Tea
Yields: 4 Cups
- 4 cups hot water (approx 200 F)
- 4-5 tbsp Earth's Aromatique Provence Loose Leaf Tea
- ½ tsp Medicine Flower Vanilla Flavour Oil
- ½ lime, freshly squeezed
- Sweeten to taste with sweetener of choice (ex. 4 tsp maple syrup)
- Flower Ice Cubes
- Tea Strainer
- Measuring Spoons
- Boil water. Steep tea in hot water for 7 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher.
- Cool in the fridge.
- Once tea is cool, add vanilla flavour oil and sweeten to taste.
- Serve with flower ice cubes.
- Grab a sun hat, a great book, and chill.