We’re so excited to welcome Alicia, the latest addition to the team in the Kolya spa! With years of experience and countless certifications under her belt, Alicia is a warm heart and an artistic soul. She is settling in great with the Kolya team and we wanted to introduce her properly, so we sat down for a little Q&A.
Welcome, Alicia, our newest Kolya Wholistic aesthetician!
Q & A with Alicia, Kolya Wholistic Aesthetician
1) What drew you to working at Kolya's Spa?
"I’ve known for many years that I wanted to work with Kolya. When I first came across their website I felt it was the perfect place for me. I’ve been using organic natural skincare since I was 15, so when I discovered what Kolya was all about I knew this is where I wanted to be."
2) You were trained in traditional aesthetics. What makes the facials you offer at Kolya unique?
"Being trained in traditional aesthetics, I can honestly say that Kolya’s facial treatments are like no other. Every single touch to the skin is intended for the client to feel loved and placed into a state of bliss. Also, because at Kolya we use only the purest ingredients in our skincare, these nourishing ingredients can penetrate deeply into the skin which leaves you with a beautiful healthy glow inside and out!"
3) What is your favourite treatment to give? To receive?
"To give: Kolya Custom Facial - I really enjoy choosing whichever product I feel will be best for my client’s skin.
To receive: Dr. Hauschka facial. It’s a long-standing classic for a reason!"
4) What is your favourite product from the Kolya Spa?
"The Tata Harper Nourishing Body Oil! It’s always my go-to for the massage portion of the treatment!"
5) What is your most common skincare tip/recommendation?
"Drink lots of water and use plant-based oils on your skin! Even if you’re an oily skin type like myself, using light, balancing oils such as jojoba will keep your skin looking healthy & radiant.
Also! If you have a break out, apply neem oil to the affected area. Neem oil has the most amazing anti-fungal/anti microbial properties and even though it’s smelly, it’ll heal your blemish in a flash."
6) This or That - Spa Edition
1 Hour Facial | 2 Hour Facial
Extractions | No Extractions
Floral | Citrus
Hot Mask | Mask
Foot Massage | Hand Massage
Hot Compress | Cool Compress
7) You're also a makeup artist - can you share a fun makeup tip with us?
"Always lift the brow by the arch with your finger when filling them in. This allows for a more precise and defined shape and will leave you with a soft, flattering look."
8) About Alicia:
"I’ve been with Kolya since August of 2021. I have 5 years experience and certification in makeup artistry and brow shaping, waxing, sugaring, and have spent much of my spare time volunteering with the Mustard Seed giving haircuts."
- Best beauty advice you've received and followed:
- Balance is everything. Eat healthy nourishing foods, stay hydrated, surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you, and find your passion.
- Favourite animal:
- Favourite way to nourish your skin from within:
- Drinking nettle tea! Nettles contain a lot of essential vitamins and minerals including magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamins K, C, and D plus fatty acids and antioxidants - you can’t go wrong there!
- Favourite plant:
- Camellia flower
- Favourite aroma:
- Jasmine, vanilla, and rosemary blended together are just divine! They happen to be my signature scent!
- Coffee or Tea:
- Top 3 Fav Skincare products
- Body Deli Blueberry Fusion cleanser: Such a delicious cleanser! It smells like blueberry pie and leaves my skin feeling clean, not dry, and looking super polished!
- Living Libations Sandalwood Best Skin Ever: This lightweight oil smells so refreshing and balances my oily skin and gives it just the right amount of hydration. It’s also an excellent makeup remover. I also use it in my hair as a scalp treatment!
- Odacite All-Embracing Watermelon & Hibiscus Serum: This oil based serum is perfect for hydrating my skin, especially during the dry, cold winter months.