With some of winters finest wellness ingredients, including ginger, raw honey, apple cider vinegar, and a touch of elderberry from the tea, this Holiday Switchel can attend to your sweet tooth and gently support your immune system all-winter-long.
“This recipe is kid approved (my 4 year old loves it). Though, not recommended for infants” – Amy.
Without further ado, enjoy our twist on a classic Holiday Switchel.
Makes: 1 batch
- 1 thumb of Ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Raw Honey (or less)
- 1 tsp. Blackstrap Molasses
- 5 tsp. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Earth's Aromatique Cranberry Harvest Loose Leaf Tea
- 3 ½ cups Water
- Peel and chop the ginger, then place in a glass jar.
- Add the honey, molasses, and apple cider vinegar, then swirl jar to help dissolve the honey.
- Add the loose leaf Cranberry Harvest Tea and let sit for 4 hours.
- Add water and the jar lid, then shake/swirl the jar to combine the ingredients.
- Place in a fridge and let sit for 8-12 hours, then strain.
- Pour and enjoy!
1 thumb of fresh ginger = approximately 3 tbsp.
This recipe can be adjusted easily for sweetness preferences - add some fresh lemon juice for a small addition of Vitamin C, or try different teas or herbs for different flavourings and benefits.
A recipe from Amy - based off Cream + Honey's Ginger Hibiscus Switchel and Wellness Mama's Ginger Honey Switchel.