Crack open a book and settle down with Amy’s Goodnight Moon Blue Hot Chocolate. This herbal hot chocolate is rich with organic cocoa butter and full-fat coconut milk. We love it brewed with Earth’s Aromatique’s Sleepy Time Loose Leaf Tea: chamomile, passionflower, and rose pairs with the earthy, sedative qualities of valerian. Children may prefer the simpler flavour of plain chamomile or mint instead, but any non-caffeinated tea will do. Its beautiful blue colour comes from Organika’s Blue Matcha and may be swapped for Earth’s Aromatique Butterfly Pea Flower, or simply omitted for a white hot chocolate. Simply brew the ingredients together in a pot until the cocoa butter melts, then strain into a blender with Medicine Flower natural vanilla flavouring. Blend until frothy and enjoy immediately. This unique beverage is an absolute dream.
Goodnight Moon Blue Hot Chocolate
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 cup Earth's Aromatique Sleepy Time Tea or tea of choice; brewed
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 oz Cocoa Butter
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- ½ tsp Butterfly Pea Flower heaping; grind up the butterfly pea flowers if they're not pre-ground
- 1 pinch Himalayan Salt
- 3 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla Flavouring or flavour of choice
- Combine all of the ingredients (except flavouring drops) into a medium pot and bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer until the cocoa butter melts, then carefully transfer to a blender.
- Add the flavouring drops and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy.
Feel free to switch out the tea blend for different flavourings and effects (ie- mint or chamomile).
Recipe inspired by Elena's Pantry White Hot Chocolate; adapted by Amy.