This honey mint cleansing balm is nothing short of refreshing.
Formulated to work in tandem with the skin’s pH, it cleanses away the day without stripping away the natural oils that keep our skin glowing.
As this recipe contains water and requires a preservative, look into Kolya’s selection of eco-friendly preservatives or conduct your own thorough research. Fresh, creamy, and made from entirely plant-based ingredients, this cleanser is fantastic for oneself or as a gift to the skincare enthusiast in your life.
Yields: 1 120 mL Glass Jar
- Double boiler x2
- Or: two bowls set over pots containing 1-inch of gently simmering water.
- Immersion blender
- Or: whisk
- Deep-sided container such as a glass measuring cup
- Or: large bowl (if using whisk)
- 32 g Water
- 14 g Glycerin
- 10 g Honey
- 50 g Peppermint Hydrosol
- (OR 50 g water plus 5 - 7 drops peppermint essential oil)
- 1.5 g Geoguard
- Warm first four ingredients in a double boiler. Do not overheat. If using water and essential oil instead of hydrosol, omit essential oil until the cool-down stage of preparation.
- At the same time, melt emulsifying wax, stearic acid, and avocado oil in another double boiler.
- When the oil stage is thoroughly melted, and the liquid stage is warm (not hot) to the touch, pour oil stage into a deep-sided container such as a glass measuring cup, or a large bowl if using a whisk.
- With an immersion blender or whisk at hand, add warm Liquid stage to Oil in thirds. Blend thoroughly between additions. Mixture will look like cream.
- Allow to cool at least 5-10 minutes.
- Once cooled, thoroughly mix in preservative, and essential oil, if using Scrape into a wide-mouthed cap jar and allow to cool completely.
To Use: As-is for a balm cleanser. Mix with a few drops of water in the palm of your hand for a lighter, creamier texture.