Shimmering Quartz Bath Bombs
Crystals are just like old friends: beautiful, relaxing to be around, and never fails to make you smile. These shimmering geode bath bombs look just like a quartz crystal!
Naturally coloured and easy to assemble, it’s almost too pretty to use!
Makes a show-stopping gift, especially when displayed in a reusable glass jar. Toss in the bath for a lovely bath ritual, and bask in the botanical wellness that nature offers.
Yields: 3-6 Geode Halves, depending on size of mold & filler used.
Rock Base Layer:
- ½ cup Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Citric Acid
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- ½ - 1 tsp Clay (i.e. Fuller’s Earth, Glacial, Rhassoul, Cocoa powder) to provide an earthy look
- Water or Earth's Aromatique Hydrosol of choice in spray bottle⠀
- Half circle bath bomb mould; muffin tin (greased with coconut oil); or mould of choice
Crystal Top Layer:
- 1-10 drops skin-safe essential oils
- 1/2-1 tsp Colorant (Charcoal, Mica, etc.). Choose a colorant that doesn’t stain your tub.
- Combine baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch. Mix well to combine.
- Split into separate bowls if various colours are desired, divide between several bowls.
- Add clay/cocoa/mica to colour. Add essential oils and colourants, if using. Mix well.
- Using a spray bottle, moisten the mixture a few sparse sprays at a time, stirring well in between. Stop when the mixture looks like very dry pastry and it stays in a clump when squeezing a handful. Work quickly so ingredients do not dry out, and be sure not to add too much moisture.
- Pack contents into mold, pressing more into bottom and sides, leaving a concave shape in the middle. Let dry.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of epsom salts onto top of mold. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Layer epsom salts and coconut oil until desired “crystal” look is reached.
- Place in the fridge for 3-5 hours. Release carefully from molds. Store in a cool/dry place.
To Use: 1 geode per bath.* Coconut oil may make your tub slippery: use caution when entering, and rinse/clean tub afterwards.